Thursday, January 27, 2011

3. "But how do I start?" you ask.

Pick a site.  I don’t know that it matters that much.  I used Match.com.  One of the married couples I know met on Yahoo! Personals and one on Match.com.   I have a friend on eHarmony right now.  Just pick one and try it.  The worst thing that will happen is that you spend $39 and all you’ll have to show for it are some amusing stories.  I’ve paid more for a bad haircut.

If you’re intimidated by writing a profile, don’t be.   It’s really easy.  Just be yourself.  The only really dreadful profiles are the ones that try too hard to say all the “right things.”    Say something that you believe; about dating, about something that amuses you, about yourself, about what you’re hoping to find, about what you’re afraid you’ll find and want to avoid, it doesn’t really matter.  If your personality comes through, the right people will like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shari!
    I found a nice article on LA Times today about online dating. I think you will enjoy. Check this out: http://www.thisisbrandx.com/2011/02/online-dating-stop-using-dated-services.html

    ReplyDelete